Linux Based VPS System
VPS Pre Installed Software:
- Linux Centos 5.4 - Debian 5 - Ubuntu 8.10/9.04 - Fedora 10/11 (32bit)
- Full Root Access
- Yum for easy RPM installation
- Mail Server
- POP3, IMAP, SMTP secure access
- Secure Webmail (over https://)
- MySQL 5.0 & PostgreSQL 8.3
- phpMyAdmin - Remote MySQL database management
- phpPgAdmin - Remote PgSQL database management
- Apache Web Server ( fastcgi, mod_rewrite, mod_proxy ...)
- Java 6, Ant, Maven [more...]
- CVS & SVN
- SSH access to server
VPS Hardware Specifications:
- Dual Harpertown 5520 Nehalem Dual Processor Quad
- Total 16 cores with 12MB cache (perfect for Java!!)
- 12GB RAM [more...]
- 3Ware 9650 series SATA-RAID controller
- 4 x 750GB SATA Hard Drives / Raid10
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Controller
This is top of the line hardware which guarantees the reliability & ultra speed!
VPS Network Specifications:
While most companies use simple BGP routing, Eroute utilizes the Avaya route science route optimizer for the ultimate low latency high availability connection to your vps. Coupled with 6 tier one providers and loads of peers, you will be hard pressed to find a better network out there!
What does Route Optimizing mean exactly?
Normal BGP routing simply looks at how many hops until the target, the route science box actually traces back to the originating web surfers up to 7000 times a minute identifying any problematic area then sorting the routes based on many different factors such as speed, packet loss, and amount of hops. Then it intelligently re-routes your connection to insure you stay on the fastest possible route.
Imagine if a router becomes clogged up outside of our network on one of our routes. Our system identifies the problem and tells all traffic to avoid that route insuring you the fastest possible speed.